Winning the Fight Against Human Traffickers and Finding the Missing Using Technology and Artificial Intelligence.
There is a silent and devastating phenomenon that has been plaguing the world for many years. In fact, what was already a seemingly insurmountable beast is now a certifiable epidemic of enormous proportions.
It is a $150 billion dollar industry, according to the International Labor Organization, that preys on the vulnerabilities of children, women, the impoverished and disenfranchised, and yes, men as well.
No one is Safe
In fact, human trafficking impacts people of all ages and genders and any race or religious background. It is reported that women are often used for sexual exploitation, while men are usually used for forced labor. It is also believed that 1 in 5 human trafficking victims are children, exploited for begging, child pornography, or child labor. It is an industry that spans the entire globe.
Trafficking is the fastest growing industry and second-largest criminal enterprise in the United States (US Department of Justice, 2010; Urban Institute, 2014)
It is impossible to put a number on how many are being commercially sexually exploited, researchers say because there is just no system in place to track it. However, such information is available, albeit an underestimate of the actual impact and reach of this epidemic:
· 30% of the global human trafficking victims are children.
· Women make up 49% of all victims of global trafficking.
· Men make up 21% of the identified victims of trafficking in persons, human trafficking statistics confirm.
The 10 states with the highest rates of human trafficking:
- Nevada (7.50 per 100k)
- Mississippi (4.99 per 100k)
- Florida (4.08 per 100k)
- Georgia (3.85 per 100k)
- Ohio (3.84 per 100k)
- Delaware (3.84 per 100k)
- California (3.80 per 100k)
- Missouri (3.78 per 100k)
- Michigan (3.64 per 100k)
- Texas (3.63 per 100k)
Law enforcement agencies and nonprofit organizations have warned that the intense isolation and increased time online since the start of the coronavirus pandemic would lead to higher rates of child sex trafficking.
In October, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) noted that reports of online child sexual exploitation had doubled in 2020 compared with the previous year. The anti-trafficking charity Polaris said in June that crisis calls to the National Trafficking Hotline had spiked 40% over pre-pandemic rates. (Huffington Post)
The Power Is In The Palm of Your Hands
These 2020 statistics are grim. But there is a way to impact these increasing numbers and find the missing!
A new cutting-edge tool called the DeEye App makes combatting traffickers and finding missing loved ones easier with the use of a simple device…your smartphone! Once downloaded to smartphones, users are able to:
- Report on Missing Persons and get verified within seconds.
- Receive and send verified Proximity Alerts.
- Receive Real-Time Feeds/Updates on missing person cases.
- Self-generator of Digital Poster Design (For Missing Person)
- Connect with Community of Advocacy Groups and vetted Private Investigators.
- And so much more
How It Works
Time is of the Essence and The DeEye App is here to help STOP abductions and assist in the urgent reporting of missing persons. The first 24 hours is the most valuable time frame in locating the missing. In addition to providing resources to families and communities, the App will also allow for verified Missing Persons information to be quickly disseminated to the public. This seamless and expedient means of communication is necessary and essential in safely locating and returning missing loved ones as quickly as possible.
DeEye App will go Further than the AMBER ALERT
· Families of the MISSING will have resources to help build a campaign and push vital information and pictures out to alert their community and beyond.
· Artificial Intelligence along with Facial recognition and facial aging progression will be valuable assets to assist in locating the missing.
· Additional technologies and resources will be added over time to make the DeEye App the most comprehensive technology resource for families, communities, and law enforcement to find the MISSING.
· Verified information can be shared through the app and social media platforms instantly with thousands of people. This increases the probability of finding Missing Persons.